VAT Return Essex
We can help you understand and comply with your tax requirements when they arise. We can take away the hassle and worry of completing and submitting VAT returns, allowing you to focus on your work. You have no worries about missing deadlines or suffering fines and penalties.
Why get The Accountancy Practice Essex to do your VAT returns?
- We are reliable.
- We will discuss the suitable VAT scheme for your business.
- We deal with HMRC on your behalf.
- We can file your VAT return.
- We are cost effective.
- We have 45 years’ in total across all of our staff in experience so you know you’re dealing with qualified professionals.
Claim Your Complimentary Consultation
For Both New and Existing Businesses
Discuss any aspect of business with our tax and accounting experts.
Simply complete the form & we will call you back at your convenience.
Keeping VAT Records
Here are things you must do to keep your records straight.
- You must keep records for 6 years.
- You can keep them electronically or archived in files.
- Records must be accurate, completed and readable.
- If you have lost or damaged an invoice please ask the supplier for a duplicate marked copy.
Issuing VAT Invoices
- You can only issue a VAT invoice if you are VAT registered.
- Raise & keep valid invoices whether paper or electronic.
- Keep copies of all sales invoices you issue even if they are cancelled or raised by mistake.
- Keep all purchase Invoices for materials or items you need to buy.
- You can’t reclaim VAT using an invalid invoice, pro-forma invoice, statement or delivery note.
Wording on your invoices:
Include the following on your invoice:
- Invoice Number.
- Business Name & Address.
- VAT Number.
- Company Number.
- Clients trading name & Address.
- Description of Goods.
- Total Amount Excluding VAT
- Total Amount of VAT
- Gross to pay
What Our Clients Say:
We have worked for many years with The Accountancy Practice Essex Ltd and can honestly say we have had a helpful and professional working relationship. Clare, Kim & their team all speak normal language and are always at the end of the phone if we have any concerns. I pop in every week and pop my head round the door, they are always welcoming and it’s always nice to catch up. We would be happy to recommend their services to others.
George Potter, GP Mechanical